A Guide to Men’s Haircare Regime in 2024
Haircare is one of the most important routines for men and women. While shampoos and conditioners are vital. Post-haircare routine is equally important. Rather than going for hair wax and gels, hair serums are good to go for healthier hair. People often confuse hair oils with hair serums, but both are different. Hair oil provides nourishment to the scalp while hair serums provide nourishment to hair strands. In this complete haircare regime, we make you follow through step-by-step guide.
A Guide to Men’s Haircare Regime in 2024 | Pre-Haircare Regime
Hair oil (Twice in a week)
Before taking a shower, take a few drops of any hair oil. Apply gently, starting from the hair end and slowly going towards the mid-section. Use hair oil an hour before hair wash, don’t leave the hair oil overnight as it tends to have side effects. Hair oil makes the hair strands stronger and hence less prone to breakage. It protects from heat damage and sunlight rays, provides hydration to the hair, and promotes hair growth.
Hair shampoo(Minimum thrice a week)
People often wash once a week or more than once a week. They are of the impression that hair shampoo contains harsh chemicals that could damage the hair. But the good news is that now various shampoos are being launched that could be daily used. Yes, you have heard it right! These are the advantages of washing hair daily:
- Washing also removes dryness and oiliness of the scalp. this helps in nourishing the hair strands keeping them soft and smooth.
- Removes dandruff that causes itching and irritation on the scalp.
- People with sensitive skin don’t get redness on the scalp.
- Finally, it adds shine to the hair, keeping it beautiful
I recommend using a mild shampoo from Himalaya, to begin with, if you want to wash your hair regularly.
Hair conditioner(Twice a week)
Apply a conditioner after shampooing your hair and leave for a minute. Avoid using conditioner on hair roots. Hair conditioner offers several benefits, including better moisture maintenance, increased hair softness, and reduced frizz. It helps to detangle hair, making it easier to comb or brush, which minimizes breakage and split ends. The Conditioner leaves hair feeling silky and nourished. Additionally, conditioners now contain natural ingredients that provide protection against environmental damage and heat-styling tools. I recommend using a mild conditioner from Himalaya as it has the goodness of Chickpeas.
Hair Mask(Once in a week)
Hair masks are best to provide nourishment to hair. After washing your hair with shampoo, soak up the excess water with a towel. Then section your hair and apply hair masks. Wrap it in a hot towel and leave it for half an hour. After that wash it again. Hair conditioners provide nourishment to the hair strands just from the outside while hair masks go deep inside the hair strands and provide nourishment. Thus, the hair masks also help in hydrating the hair without any damage. I recommend using a keratin-based hair mask for that extra nourishment.
A Guide to Men’s Haircare Regime in 2024 | Post Haircare Regime
Hair serum(5-7 days a week)
Apply a good hair serum after taking a hair wash or apply at any time of the day as and when desired. Thus, the serum also helps in styling the hair without any damage. The benefits of Hair serum are as follows:
- Controls Fuzzy and Irregular Hair Texture
- Stops Breakage and Split Ends
- Makes the Hair Strands Softer
- Makes the hair look shinier
- Protect Hair from Harmful UV Rays from sunlight.
- Reduces Dryness and Irritation.
I recommend using a hair serum according to your hair type such as oily hair or dry hair. My recommendation would be L’Oréal Paris Hair serum as it has 6 different flower oils and gets dried up quickly so it can be applied on any hair type.
Tips to Remember
- A healthy scalp is the foundation for healthy hair. Men should pay attention to scalp care by using products designed to address specific scalp issues.
- Diet and lifestyle choices play a significant role in hair health. A balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals contributes to overall hair wellness. Staying hydrated, exercising regularly, and managing stress levels are also important factors that can positively impact hair health.
A Guide to men’s haircare regime in 2024 | Conclusion
Consistency is the key to achieving and maintaining healthy hair with a good haircare regime. Remember that haircare is an investment in your overall well-being and confidence, and it’s never too late to start taking care of your hair. Also, adapt the routine to your specific hair type and concerns. If you want to follow a regime for Skincare, check out my article on Men’s skincare regime.